Vanarama Smiles Loyalty programme Terms and Conditions
- The Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme (the “Programme”) is a customer loyalty and reward programme which invites eligible customers of Vanarama to register as a Member of the Programme and gives Members the opportunity to earn Loyalty Points in return for their tenure/ interactions and exchange the earned Loyalty Points for a selection of specified gifts and rewards supplied by TLC Marketing UK Limited or its affiliates (the “Rewards Supplier” and “Administrator”).
- These terms set out the terms of Member participation in the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme and the way in which members may earn Loyalty Rewards and participate in Offers. By registering for the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme, Members are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. If a member does not agree with or accept any of these terms, they should not register for the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme.
- The Vanarama General Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply to Members in relation to the purchase of all products from Vanarama. Terms defined in the General Terms and Conditions shall have the same meaning when used herein, unless explicitly defined otherwise in these terms and conditions. The rules of interpretation of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale shall apply to these terms and conditions as if set out herein save that references in the General Terms and Conditions of Sale to “this agreement” or “these terms and conditions” shall be construed as references to the General Terms and Conditions of Sale as varied and amended by these terms and conditions.
- In addition, Member participation in the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme is governed by any individual Loyalty Reward, Offer and Prize Draws terms and conditions as explained in section 8.
2. Eligibility and Application
- In order to register as a Member, the registering customer must be the bill payer of a registered account with Vanarama (including Personal and Business accounts).
- Customers can apply to become a Member of the Programme by entering their Vanarama Customer Number and Leased Vehicle registration number at www.vanaramasmiles.co.uk, verifying that they are the bill payer in control of a Vanarama customer account and completing the online registration form. By registering members agree to the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty programme and as such agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If a member’s registration is accepted, they will receive an email asking them to activate their account. Members must respond to this invitation by following the activation link provided. Members can start collecting and redeeming Loyalty Points once they have successfully registered and activated their account, proving they are deemed by Vanarama to be a qualifying customer.
- All participants in the Programme must reside in the United Kingdom and must be at least 18 years old at the time of their application to join the Programme. Only one Loyalty account can be registered per Vanarama account.
- For a Member to participate in the Programme and in order for a Member to redeem Loyalty Points accumulated by their Loyalty Account, the Member must have a good credit standing with Vanarama (to be determined at Vanarama’s discretion). If Vanarama deem a member’s customer account to be on hold, their Loyalty Account will also be placed on hold. The member will not be eligible to earn or redeem Loyalty Points while their Loyalty Account or customer account is on hold.
- All use of a Member’s Loyalty Account and any Loyalty Points earned are subject to these terms and conditions.
- The Promotor and Administrator reserves the right at any time and without prior notice, to restrict or withdraw a members Loyalty Account or to alter, amend or terminate the Programme. Without limitation to any other provisions of the terms and conditions, the Promotor and Administrator shall at their sole discretion be entitled to alter, amend, deduct or restrict Loyalty Points awarded to a member at any time where the Promotor and Administrator is of the opinion that such Loyalty Points were awarded incorrectly for any reason, whether as a result of any act or omission of the Promotor or Administrator, its employees, officers or agents, or otherwise. A member’s participation in the Programme may be restricted, terminated or made subject to certain conditions at any time at the sole discretion of the Promotor and Administrator.
- Vanarama reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions without notice at any time or to introduce supplementary or additional terms and conditions in relation to the Programme or any aspect of the Programme including but not limited to the methods by which the Loyalty Points can be earned, how Loyalty Points can be used, the value of the Loyalty Points earned and the conditions under which Loyalty Points may be forfeited at any time, with or without notice, even where the changes may affect the Members ability to use the Loyalty Points that they have already earned.
- Each Member is responsible for the proper use and security of their Loyalty Account and any Loyalty Points earned and accumulated by them.
- Vanarama reserves the right to cancel the Programme at any time. Should the Loyalty Programme be cancelled, Members will be given three months to claim or make use of any Loyalty Points accumulated on a Loyalty Account.
4. Ceasing to be a Member
- Members have the right to opt out of the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme at any time. Members can do this by emailing their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. But note that if a member opts out of the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme at any time, the Loyalty Account will be permanently closed, the customer will immediately cease to be a Member of the loyalty programme and as such will no longer be entitled to access the Loyalty Rewards and Offers, including those that they have already accumulated.
- Subject to section 4, if a member ceases to be a Vanarama customer at any time, their Loyalty Account will be put on hold for 28 days and then permanently closed if they do not become a customer again. Once their account closes they will immediately cease to be a Member and will no longer be entitled to access the Loyalty Rewards and Offers,including those that they have already accumulated.
- The Promotor and Administrator reserve the right to close any member’s Loyalty Account, and cancel Membership, if the Loyalty Account has not been accessed for a period of 12 months. In that event, any Rewards accumulated on that Loyalty Account will be cancelled at the discretion of the Promotor and Administrator, and the member will no longer be entitled to access the Loyalty Rewards and Offers, including those that they have already accumulated.
- The Promotor and/ or Administrator may withdraw or cancel a customer’s Membership of the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme at any time if they,
- Have failed in any way to otherwise comply with these Terms and Conditions, the Vanarama customer terms and conditions, and corresponding partner Terms and Conditions as determined by The Promoter or the Administrator in its sole discretion.
- have abused or tried to abuse the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty portal;
- have behaved towards the Promotor or Administrator in a way that is abusive or offensive, or involves misconduct, as deemed by the Promotor or Administrator;
- have provided false or misleading information; or
- are not eligible to take part in the programme as detailed in section 2
- In any of these events, a customer’s participation in the Programme may be ended. In that case a member’s Loyalty Account may be permanently closed and they will immediately cease to be a Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme Member. These members will no longer be entitled to access the Loyalty Rewards and Offers, including those that they have already accumulated.
5. Loyalty Points
- In order for a Member to accumulate Loyalty Points, they must remain an eligible customer of Vanarama.
- Members will earn points based on tenure and interactions with Vanarama. Below shows a table of the key acts and interactions that are rewarded along with their corresponding loyalty points:
Rewarded act/ interaction Conditions Smiles rewarded Value of Smiles rewarded Request a Lease Quote Must be a current customer, capped to one (1) per year 250 £5.00 Lease a vehicle (Car, Van, Pick Up) 48hrs after successful delivery, capped to 20 vehicles 5000 £100.00 Take up GAP Insurance Must be a current customer, capped to 20 vehicles 500 £10.00 Takes ABC Must be a current customer, capped to 20 vehicles 500 £10.00 Takes Service Plus Currently only available to Van/Pick Up vehicles, capped to 20 vehicles 500 £10.00 Submits a Trustpilot review Capped to one review per customer 250 £5.00 Has requested an Upgrade leasing quote Must be a current customer, capped to one (1) per year 250 £5.00 Has Upgraded their lease with us 48hrs after successful delivery, capped to 20 vehicles 5,000 £100.00 Has successfully referred a friend – Car Must be a current customer. Members are not able to refer themselves 2,500 £50.00 Has successfully referred a friend – Car Members can only be referred once 2,500 £50.00 Has successfully referred a friend – Van, Pick up Must be a current customer. Members cannot refer themselves 5,000 £100.00 Has successfully been referred – Van, Pick up Members can only be referred once 5,000 £100.00 Seasonal Promotions Marketing T&Cs apply Marketing T&Cs apply Marketing T&Cs apply
- Rewarded acts, conditions and their corresponding points are subject to change at any time. If a rewarded interaction is altered or added at any time, Vanarama will update the table presented in term 5.ii to reflect this. Members will not be contacted about a change to the rewarded acts and their corresponding points.
- Customers must complete any specified ‘cooling off period’ before points are awarded to their Smiles account. This is usually around 15 days after your delivery from Vanarama has been completed, however please allow up to 21 days to see any update in points balance reflected on your account.
- Loyalty Points have no monetary value, are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Loyalty Points are valid for a use for a period of 12 months from their award date. This time limit is subject to change at any time without notice at the absolute discretion of The Promotor and/ or Administrator.
6. Redemption of loyalty points for Rewards
- In order to redeem Loyalty Points, Members must log into their Vanarama Smiles account and select the desired item for redemption. Once claimed, a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address of the account holder. Members may also be required to provide additional information in order to claim a specific reward.
- In order to redeem Loyalty Points, a sufficient number of Loyalty Points must have been accumulated to cover the full requirements of the chosen reward. In cases where the amount of Loyalty Points collected by a Member does not meet the requirements of a particular reward or gift, Members will not be able to claim that reward.
- Loyalty Points can only be redeemed in exchange for specified rewards and gifts available through the Vanarama Smiles portal.
- Rewards and gifts are provided by the Rewards Supplier who is a third party provider, and Vanarama takes no responsibility for any liability arising from the supply, quality, description or functionality of rewards or gifts supplied by any third party supplier or affiliate of any third party supplier.
- In the case of all rewards and gifts, upon claiming, the appropriate number of Loyalty Points will be removed from the Loyalty Account.
- All rewards and gifts which are provided upon the redemption of Loyalty Points are subject to their own additional terms and conditions, which terms and conditions may be amended or altered at any time without notice.
- All rewards and gifts are subject to availability and may be altered, amended, substituted or withdrawn at any time by the Rewards Supplier or partner.
- The Promotor and/ or Administrator reserves the right at any time to reject any reward or gift or to terminate a member’s participation in the Programme or a member’s Loyalty Account if the Promotor and/ or Administrator are of the opinion that the Loyalty Account has been altered or otherwise tampered with in any manner. The Promotor and/ or Administrator may take whatever action they consider appropriate if they have reason to believe that a member has/ is abusing the Programme in any manner or acting in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Any item received damaged must be reported to email@example.com and must include the member’s customer account number, the item received and the issue with the item. This needs to be completed within 7 days of receiving the item. Likewise, and Items not received within the specified timeframes must be reported through the same method with reference to the item due to be received. This must be completed within 7 days of the item being due.
7. Member access to ‘My Offers’:
- All Members will have access to a selection of free offers, titled; ‘My Offers’. These Offers will not require any loyalty points in order to be redeemed. Each Offer will be subject to the relevant Partners’ own terms, conditions, and privacy and usage. Members are responsible for directly checking and complying with such terms, conditions, and privacy and usage policies. Please note that these may be amended or altered by the Partners at any time without notice.
8. Additional Terms:
- All Rewards and Offers are subject to Rewards Partners’ own terms, conditions, and privacy and usage. All members are responsible for directly checking and complying with a Rewards Partners’ terms, conditions, and privacy and usage policies. Please note that these may be amended or altered by Rewards Partners at any time without notice.
- All rewards and offers may be restricted by the number of times they can be claimed. Any cap featured on a Reward or Offer will be stipulated with the reward terms.
- Redemption opportunities and requirements with each Rewards Partner are subject to change at any time.
- Rewards Partners are independent entities and as such neither Promotor or Administrator are responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by any Rewards Partners, nor for any solicitation or marketing efforts by any Rewards Partners.
- Neither the Promotor or Administrator are responsible for and assume no liability for the terms, changes or discontinuances of Rewards Partners’ terms, conditions, privacy and usage policies, products or services.
- Neither the Promotor or Administrator have responsibility or liability of any kind in respect of any goods or services provided by a Rewards Partner.
- Loyalty Rewards and Offers have no have no monetary value, are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Accumulation of Loyalty points does not entitle a member to any vested rights with respect to any rewards of the Vanarama Smiles Programme. The only right the member acquire is the opportunity to redeem Loyalty Rewards in accordance with these Vanarama Smiles Programme terms.
9. Communication and security
- Members must inform the promotor and administrator about any changes to their personal details through the ‘Manage My Account’ section of the Vanarama Smiles portal. The administrator and promotor will not be responsible for any loss of Loyalty Rewards, Offers or other benefits from the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme resulting from the details they have for members that are out of date or inaccurate.
- Members are responsible for the security details relating to their Loyalty Account (including any passwords or log-in details).
- Neither the promotor nor administrator will not be responsible for any loss arising from a member failing to keep their security details safe.
10. Data Protection
- Vanarama will use the following personal information for the purposes of providing the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme to prospective members: their Vanarama Customer Number, leased vehicle registration number(s), rewarded behaviours, their associated points and date of activation. Vanarama will share this personal information with TLC Marketing UK Ltd (“The Administrators”).
- Members’ personal data will use for the following purposes:
- to operate the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme, in regards to; enabling customer enrolment, points accumulation, and the processing and fulfilment of the Rewards and Offers to members.
- sending technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- sending functional emails in support of the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty portal. Functional emails will include; account activation emails, password reset emails, Reward and Offer confirmation emails; and
- responding to comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
- By joining the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme and agreeing to the terms and conditions, members will automatically be enrolled into the functional email communications for the management of the Vanarama Smiles programme. This communication will be sent to the email address provide upon registration.
- The Administrator may offer links to other websites, including those of our Reward Partners. If a member visits one of these linked websites, they are then subject to the privacy policies and other policies of such website and are no longer protected by Vanarama’s policies. The Promotor and/ or Administrator are not responsible for, or able to monitor or control, the policies and practices of other companies, including with respect to their collection, use or disclosure or a member’s personal information. Members should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
- IF A MEMBER DOES NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, they must elect not to join and/or to withdraw from the Vanarama Smiles Loyalty Programme.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Each party irrevocably agrees that, subject as provided below, the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims). Nothing in this clause shall limit the right of Vanarama to take proceedings against a Member in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor shall the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude the taking of proceedings in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
- If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this agreement.